Find Houses for Rent in Clinton, IN
Clinton is a city located in Vermillion County. It's approximately 20 minutes away from Terre Haute. Homes for rent in the area give families plenty of opportunities to explore and get to know the region better. Grab a bite or go dancing at the local nightclub, Scooters Pub and Eatery. Appeal to your appetite for a little Italian cuisine at Gerrie's, which is described as a "hidden gem" on TripAdvisor. Check out the Beef Manhattan at the Iron Skillet.
Facts for Renters
- This city got its name from Dewitt Clinton, who was governor of New York for six years in the late 1800s.
- Some of the earliest settlers in town were coal miners from other countries. Many of these immigrants were Italians who wanted to try and make a living on new soil. Today, Clinton is not known for its coal mining, but it does still have a strong Italian population.
- An example of this prominent heritage can be seen through the Little Italy Festival, which is held over four days every year around Labor Day. Each year, the event pulls in more than 75,000 people. To fit the theme, much of the food served is Italian in a carnival-style presentation. Visitors can also learn how to stomp grapes, taste wine from a wine garden and go on tours of the venue.
- Clinton also hosts the Indiana Bocce Ball Championship, where talent comes from all over the state to show their skills.
- Check out one of the only mining museums located in the region in Clinton.
Resources for Renters