Find Houses for Rent in Inkster, MI
Inkster is a city in Wayne County that's 30 minutes from the Motor City, Detroit. Homes for rent in the area give families the opportunity to check out plenty of activities in this area. Test out your swing on the 18 holes at Inkster Valley Golf Club. Grab your dancing shoes and head over to Sawdust Saloon for a little live music, or check out Jon's Goodtime Bar and Grille, which has been open for more than 22 years.
Facts for Renters
- The city was named after Robert Inkster, who was a settler that came from islands off of Norway. Locals believe the name is Norse, and means summer pasture.
- Inkster was officially incorporated into the state of Michigan in 1964.
- The city has access to several highways and Interstates, making it easy for residents and visitors to get to and from the city. It's only a quick trip on Interstate 94 to get to downtown Detroit.
- Though Inkster is a city, it's known for being a close-knit community with plenty of development currently underway. It also has several community boards that residents are welcome to get involved in to make the city a better and more prosperous place to live.
- If visitors have seen it all in Inkster, they can check out the historic Henry Ford museum in nearby Dearborn. Ford was the creator of the Ford Model T. People can also take a step back in time and learn about plenty of inventions by visiting the historical Dearborn Village, a fake, yet quite realistic, community that teaches visitors about the history of the area and some notable inventions.
Resources for Renters
- Find out what else there is to do in the area by checking out the Inkster city website.
- Learn about current events in the region and what weather to expect for the week by reading the Dearborn Press & Guide.
- Figure out what parents might expect on the first day of school by visiting Dearborn Public Schools.