Find Houses for Rent in Melvindale, MI
Melvindale is a city in Wayne County, and is approximately 15 minutes from the city of Detroit. Homes for rent in the area provide families with the opportunity to get to know this part of southwestern Michigan and find a few things to do during their stay. Check out Sabina's Restaurant, which is known for its commendable Polish dishes. If you're looking for a twist in your breakfast dining, drop in at Yum Yum Tastey Doughnuts, which serves breakfast sandwiches on homemade doughnuts. Test out your skills and hit 18 holes at Greenfield Golf Center, located right in town.
Facts for Renters
- Melvindale was created in the 1920s, and was considered to be part of Oakwood Heights. The region was initially developed to create housing for workers at the Ford Rouge car plant.
- The city was named after one of the developers, Melvin Wilkinson.
- The area was officially incorporated as a village in 1924, and was later incorporated as a city in 1933. The city grew as a result of the nearby city of Detroit becoming larger and prospering in the manufacturing industry.
- Melvindale thrived because it sat between Detroit and Chicago and Detroit and Toledo.
- The city slogan is "The Little City with a BIG Heart." Despite its larger landscape, the city is known for its small-town feel.
Resources for Renters
- Get to know the area better and find out how you can join city council by visiting the Melvindale website.
- Discover where to go for the latest happenings by picking up a copy of the The News-Herald.
- Figure out why the local schools in this area are so special by checking out the Melvindale-Northern Allen Park Schools.