Discover Houses for Rent in Delaware, Ohio
Delaware is located in Delaware County. Nearby cities include Lewis Center, Powell, Sunbury and Marysville. It's about a 15-minute drive to Alum Creek Lake, which is more than 4,600 acres of land and reservoir where families can enjoy nature's simplicities. It's one of Ohio's state parks that allows swimming. People can also go fishing, camping, horseback riding and boating. A variety of activities are also available at the lake during the winter. In addition to this convenient amenity, Delaware has plenty to offer, which is why it's a great option for families who are looking for homes for rent. Explore all of its culture.
Fun Facts about Delaware
- Liberal arts school Ohio Wesleyan University is based in Delaware. The institution made a list along with 40 other schools that are "Colleges That Change Lives." Eleven buildings and several dorm rooms currently stand on the 200-acre campus. The Science Center has two observatories, a greenhouse and an extensive library.
- There are plenty of opportunities to stay active in Delaware. The Community Center YMCA offers programs for kids. Sign your family up for a sports team. Options include: lacrosse, softball, tennis, baseball, gymnastics, swimming and martial arts.
- Spend a day at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium that's been open since 1927. Animal expert Jack Hanna, who frequently appears on television to share his animal expertise, has made the zoo his project for the past 35 years. His latest contribution is called the Heart of Africa where you can actually feed giraffes.
Information for Renters
- Check out the city's official website for more information on youth activities and to access various city departments, such as the government and fire department.
- Visit the website for Delaware City Schools to learn more about education options for your children.